Kiwanis is a global organization dedicated to serving the children of the world
One of the main objects of Kiwanis is to provide, through Kiwanis clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service, and to build better communities.
Over the last several years we’ve provided strong support for Kiwanis International global efforts to address Iodine Deficiency and then to eliminate Maternal and Neonatal Tetanus in the third world.
Our local club has been active in our community for many years with a history dating back to 1930. You may know us best because of the Kiwanis Theatre, or the Kiwanis Bandshell in Tecumseh Park, or the Kiwanis Stadium beside Memorial Arena.
You or your children, or possibly your parents, may have participated in the Kiwanis Music Festival that our club has sponsored for the last 76 years. Additional service projects that we’re currently involved with include:
- in partnership with Community Living we sponsor and support the Aktion club, a Kiwanis service club for adults with disabilities
- our partnership with the Chatham-Kent Public Library (Reading Buddies, Learn-a-Skill, and support for their Summer Reading Program)
- volunteering as Reading Buddies at 2 local elementary schools where we work with children (KG – Gr 2) to improve their reading skills (a critical factor in young children’s development)
- partnering with the Masonic Order and their Child Identification Program
- and we’re exploring additional hands-on possibilities
Please consider joining us for the opportunity to experience the joy and satisfaction in serving others in our Chatham-Kent community and around the world
For more information on how you can take an active role in community service at a local and worldwide level please contact me.
Kiwanis Club of Chatham-Kent